Frequently asked questions
- Urine is pulled away from the body by the PureWick™ Female External Catheter, which has a 99.3% capture rate1. The PureWick™ Urine Collection System pulls the urine through the tubing into the collection canister.
- Although the canister can hold up to 2000mL (2L), to prevent overflow, the collection canister should be emptied regularly or before the volume reaches 1800mL (1.8L). The collection canister capacity is equivalent to the BARD® Spirit Bed Bag (2000ml)2 and similar to heavy absorbency pads such as the TENA ProSkin Comfort (with an absorbency of 1800-2100ml)3.
- No, the PureWick™ Urine Collection System is designed so you do not feel any suction.
- Remove the PureWick™ Female External Catheter from the collector tubing and place the open end of the collector tubing into a container of water. If the PureWick™ Urine Collection System suctions 500mL or more of water in a 20 second period, then the system is functioning properly. If the system is not suctioning properly, please refer to the PureWick™ Urine Collection System User Guide for troubleshooting steps.
- Yes, you can wear mesh underwear. Mesh underwear may help you secure the product, especially if you are very thin or frail. It is important that the underwear does not move the position of the PureWick™ Female External Catheter as this may cause leakage.
- No, it is a single-use device that should be replaced at least every 8-12 hours, or immediately if soiled with blood or faeces.
- While everyone’s use of the PureWick™ Female External Catheter may vary, we recommend using a new one every 8-12 hours.
- Replace the canister and tubing at least every 60 days.
- The collector tubing with elbow connector (connects the PureWick™ Female External Catheter to the canister) is 178cm and the pump tubing (connects the canister to the PureWick™ Urine Collection System) is 42cm. There are no other lengths of tubing available.
- The PureWick™ Urine Collection System should be kept on a flat surface and within 1.5m of the user.
- The cord length is 2m.
- No, the PureWick™ Female External Catheter is not made with natural rubber latex.
- The accessories and the PureWick™ Urine Collection System should be cleaned and disinfected daily. Detailed instructions on cleaning and disinfection are outlined in the PureWick™ Urine Collection System User Guide (pages 5-6).
- The PureWick™ Urine Collection System is designed to run quietly when the tubing is properly connected, and it’s plugged into an electrical outlet.
For any purchasing or reordering queries please contact one of our specialists on 08000 932255, 09:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday, to discuss your needs. Payment can be taken by debit or credit card.
- One of our Specialists will create an account for you.
- Please contact one of our Specialists on 08000 932255, 09:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday, and they will put you in contact with your local Territory Manager or Nurse.
- Please contact one of our Specialists on 08000 932255, 09:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday, and they will track your FedEx order. If available, please provide details about the item(s) you ordered as well as shipping and payment information.
- Please contact one of our Specialists on 08000 932255, 09:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday, and they will look into what can be done for you.
- The charge will appear as “Bard Limited” on your statement.
- You can find your order number in the confirmation email sent to the email address provided at checkout. If you can’t find your order number, please contact one of our Specialists on 08000 932255, 09:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday, and they will provide your order number for you.
Script-easy® is the free continence and stoma home delivery service provided by Bard Limited. A Dispensing Appliance
Contractor registered with the NHS, Script-easy® can dispense your continence and stoma products on receipt of your
prescription – conveniently and discreetly delivered directly to your door whenever you need them. Please note that the
PureWick™ System is NOT available on prescription but Script-easy® can still deliver it directly to your home free of
Some of the exclusive benefits of being a Script-easy® customer:
Your Confidential Records
Script-easy® will not disclose your personal details to anyone without your prior approval. We comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act and we are registered with the Department of Health to comply with the NHS Information Governance Guidelines. You are entitled to see your records at any time and our Script-easy® advisers will guide you through our record keeping process, which contains just your name, address and contact details, your doctor’s details and a list of the products you require.
Script-easy® dispenses orders in plain packaging and will deliver to your home or to an alternative address of your choice. You can collect your items from us if you prefer.
Advice and Help
All our staff are trained to a high standard and can offer advice and help in the selection of appliances. A nurse helpline is also available, or we can direct you to other sources of advice.
Appliance Use Reviews
Script-easy® has a team of highly qualified, experienced nurses and you can make an appointment for a nurse to call. We will be pleased to help with any concerns with your appliance or other aspect of your care and you can ask questions to help you learn more about your appliance.
Script-easy® will advise you on how to dispose of unwanted appliances safely.
Holiday Health Care
Script-easy® will arrange for your order to be delivered to an alternative address in Europe if required whilst on holiday. Please ask one of our Specialists to make the arrangements.
Script-easy® will send you an emergency supply of appliances, if you find that you have run low on supplies. Just ask one of our Specialists to find out more.
When you enrol with Script-easy® you will receive complimentary items associated with your specific products which have been designed to help you get on with your day-to-day life. RADAR Keys also available on request. These items are in addition to disposal bags and wipes. Simply ask us if there is anything you need.
- Please contact one of our Specialists on 08000 932255, 09:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday, and they will send out a replacement product to you.
- Please contact one of our Specialists on 08000 932255, 09:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday, and they will investigate this for you. If available, please have what item(s) you ordered as well as shipping and billing information.
- Shipping is included in the price you pay and there are no separate shipping charges.
- Please click here to see our return and refund policy.
- If you need to return PureWick™ System supplies, contact one of our Specialists on 0800 093 2255, 09:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday. If available, please provide details about the item(s) you ordered as well as shipping and payment information.
- Please contact one of our Specialists on 0800 093 2255, 09:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday, and they will check this for you.
- The PureWick™ System has a 12-month warranty which is activated from the date of purchase. If your product stops working within the first 12 months, we will send you a replacement.
If you would like to speak with a Customer Care Specialist, call 0800 093 2255, 09:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Let the PureWick™ System help you or a loved one
Call us on:
to arrange your
30-day trial or request your FREE information pack
Email us at:
to arrange your 30-day trial
or request your FREE information pack
- Ritter, J & Newton, C (2017). Effectiveness and Functionality of a Female External Catheter Trial (EFFECT). C R Bard Inc. Mean capture rate is based on a total of 17 subjects (between 18-80 years of age) and 42 voiding episodes.
- Data from Age UK Incontinence: https://www.ageukincontinence.co.uk/incontinence-shop/disposable-incontinence-products/large-shaped-pads/tena-i-comfort-i-extra-1600ml-pack-of-40.html